Sunday, August 29, 2004

some quotes from times past

-
music: 1977 by ash (for the first time in about 3 years, but it's great!)
mood: restless
-

Failing to do much tonight, i feel too tired but can't be bothered to go to bed, so instead i'm just flitting about the internet. I've also been having a browse through some old stuff and found a few choice snippets...

-

"Strange how when you’re young you have no memories. Then one day you wake up and, boom, memories overpower all else in your life, forever making the present seem sad and unable to compete with a glorious past that now has a life of its own."
Douglas Coupland, Microserfs

-

"Privatisation: They’re privatising the NHS, when will I be privatised? Why can I not take drugs, commit suicide or make a 101 other personal choices that are against the law? I am state run while everything else becomes privatised..."
Me, 15/01/02

-

"Look at you humans, pathetic creatures of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors, unable to challenge a perfect immortal machine."
Showdan AI, System Shock (PC game, circa 1996)

-

"I woke up as the sun was reddening; and that was the one distinct time in my life, the strangest moment of all, when I didn’t know who I was – I was far away from home, haunted and tired with travel, in a cheap hotel room I’d never seen, hearing the hiss of steam outside, and the creek of the old wood of the hotel, and footsteps upstairs, and all the sad sounds, and I looked at the cracked high ceiling and really didn’t know who I was for about fifteen strange seconds. I wasn’t scared; I was just somebody else, some stranger, and my whole life was a haunted life, the life of a ghost."
Jack Kerouac, On The Road

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home