Friday, August 27, 2004

Beauty surrounds us

Been feeling good this week; no work, just been pottering around the place with Amy and her parents. I noticed the other day that I haven't done much photography for quite a while. I think it’s mostly because I’ve stopped looking at things. I’ve always been interested in the fact that there is beauty everywhere around us (and have explored this idea in some of my previous essays), but it’s often the case that you simply don’t notice it or are too busy with other things to care.

This is where I’ve been for a couple of months, going to work and not a whole lot else. But this week, with some time to ponder and some energy to use for purposes other than stacking books, things are looking interesting again. So here’s a couple of pictures, one of some beauty happening outside my window and one of some beauty I saw on a walk in the peak district. Ok, they embody fairly traditional notions of beauty, but it feels good to be noticing things again.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home