Thursday, October 14, 2004

whence this creative energy?

I’ve been amazed at the number of words tumbling from my fingers today (almost 2000 before 9am, ridiculous!), but I’ve finally worked out why. It turns out I’ve been subconsciously skiving. I didn’t realise until an hour ago when my manager phoned to see why I wasn’t at work, but I think part of me must have known. It’s that same feeling as when you pulled a sicky at school, suddenly everything was great because you were supposed to be doing something else, hence today’s energy! Furthermore this illustrates my increasing ineptitude toward work (although to be fair I thought I was in tomorrow, and while I often have Thursdays off, I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t in on a Friday).

Suddenly this all seems very amusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home