Sunday, February 06, 2005

project update

Woohoo, finished(ish) the site for thisisthewaytheworldends. Pretty pleased with it all, there are still a few more illustrations I'd like to have a play with and the possibility of Paul's sketches replacing my crude flying saucers, but these are on-going tweaks – it's finished enough to be 'live' so I'm happy! It's also my first paid bit of web design, a few more like this and I'll actually feel justified in calling myself a designer as opposed to a chancer with a computer.

If anyone has any comments it would be useful. My main concerns are the size of various elements on-screen. I've got a big monitor so it can be quite hard to guage text & picture sizes that are also appropriate for smaller monitors (is the header too large?). Most of the images should be no more than 10k, so it should be easily downloadable on dial-up, but let me know if you think otherwise.

2 Comments:

Blogger aj said...

dearest paul
website looks beautiful BUT surely its gauge not guage? please allow me this delicious moment - i've spotted one of your mistakes for a change!!!
aj. x

7/2/05 3:24 pm  
Blogger paulhd said...

Looking good, got an email from Ian about it too and he seems very happy. I like the minimal colour use, it loads quickly without looking basic and it's nice and easy to navigate. I'll bring some art work in when I'm back at work and you can see if it fits in with what you've got.
As for the size of things for smaller screens, my screen is pretty small and I must admit I have to scroll down quite a bit on some pages and that tends to bug me when looking at sites - I like to see the whole page without scrolling, but figure it's just part and parcel of websites.

8/2/05 3:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home