Monday, January 17, 2005

a new project

Spent most of today having a play around with some ideas for Ian's band's site. I've never really done much illustration for the web before (as opposed to manipulating photos for the web), but I'm fairly pleased with how it's going so far. I was working from a flyer for their previous gig which had a war of the worlds style picture, so I've just carried on with that (thankfully flying saucers are fairly easy to draw!)... not sure if it's perhaps a little too b-movie, but I think that's the style they're after.

Check it out at http://www.monkeyinfez.net/thisis/main3.htm and let me know what you think, all constructive criticism appreciated, especially from those of you who can actually illustrate! You can also see their current site at http://www.thisisthewaytheworldends.co.uk/.

2 Comments:

Blogger paulhd said...

Looking pretty good to my non web design eyes! The artwork seems a little, um, basic maybe? As someone who's supposed to have a bit of drawing ability I'll be happy to offer my services.... such as they are :)

19/1/05 9:00 pm  
Blogger paul said...

cheers paul. yes, that's about as far as my drawing abilities stretch so far. i do have a couple of ideas i want to try with photos/other drawings as source materials, but i'll certainly let you know if i want some of your fancy-pants sketches. i don't want it to become too complex though, otherwise download times increase and the presentation takes over from the content (i'm told there will be some...)

19/1/05 10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home